Thursday, September 2, 2010

My thoughts on College...

        College means a lot to me at this point in my life. Yes it means all the usual things like me having a better chance at getting a better job in the future and lots of debts to pay back. But it also means a lot more to me right now. College is something that is going to put me on the level of adulthood that I want to be on. Being educated in an advanced way makes me feel better about myself. College is also helping me find my love for learning all over again. I realize that I, as a student, will be bombarded with mountains of work while in college. So I have almost forced myself to try to enjoy it again, like I was a little kid back in first grade just itching to learn the ABC’s for the first time. Sobasically i am expecting that college gives me more back then i have to give it.


       College has a strong effect on me on a social level. It has only been a couple days and I realize that I am going to make many new friends over the next four years. I have always been more of a shy person so college is a welcome change to that shyness. I am almost forced to make friends witch I am starting to like a lot.

       Lastly, college stands as a huge goal for me for more than one reason. My parents never went to a four year college and they both turned out very well off. This really gives me the confidence that if I can make it through a four year college then I will be able to do even better than they did. Also, as a personal goal I want to prove to myself that college really isn’t all that scary or hard. I want to pass every class that I take and prove to myself that I really can obtain a higher education. This is what college means to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment