Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Does this make me a Hypocrite?


                In my last post I talked about time management and how I feel that most people have their own schedule and they don’t plan to change it. This week talking about time management in class more and doing the activity on estimating our time spent doing things my opinion that everyone had their own plan that works changed. Out of 168 hours in a week many were having thirty to forty hours unaccounted for. This obviously means that either they really don’t know how long they spend time on activities, or their time isn’t being spent wisely. As for me I actually couldn’t account for only four hours of my week. So I know that I am doing fine but I definitely feel that maybe those articles could help other people.
                Managing your time is probably the most important thing in college with all the work and the rest of your life. Finding a schedule for you is so important and it needs to be done quickly before it’s too late. But apparently a lot of other students aren’t using all of their time wisely. Now this doesn’t mean that I am suddenly agreeing with the image of mapping out every hour of every day for you. Because I definitely don’t do that and my schedule works for me perfectly. But if students just sat down and thought for a moment about what they needed to do that day or for the week and they write some of the important points down I think that would help a lot of people who have a lot of wasted time in their week. For me writing all my assignments in a notebook works perfectly, and for everything else I set alarms sometimes to remind myself that I need to do something at that time.
                Every student can be successful, but they need a strong schedule to back them up. I felt that the students who have a lot of wasted time should take a look at those articles that we read last week if they hadn’t to get some ideas. The activity in class really opened my eyes to how other students manage their time, and it showed me that I’m doing a pretty good job for me so that definitely reassured me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment