Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My Midterm Plans

            So for my midterm project I have chosen to talk about time management and motivation. These definitely seem like the most important subjects that we have read about so far. I think that the questions that I plan to ask will give a very diverse set of results. It will be very interesting to find out what my fellow students have to say verses what some of the faculty have to say.
            I chose to ask a question about time management asking if you think that most freshmen are really managing their time to the fullest extent. Personally I thought that most were doing a good job of keeping their schedules in check. But after doing an exercise in class and attending college for a few weeks I’m starting to realize that many students seem to just be hanging on by a thread. I actually have found that almost every hour of my time is taken up by something that I am doing during the week, and most of those hours are spent doing productive things. But it seems that many students have a lot of time in their schedule that seems to be spent doing nothing or doing things that are not productive. So it should be pretty interesting to see what other students as well as faculty members have to say on the subject.
            The other question I will be exploring has to do with motivation. I chose this because to succeed in college I think that you need to be genuinely motivated to want to learn in order to graduate. It seems a lot different from say high school where you are motivated by your parents and teachers pushing you. In college there really isn’t anyone there to push you to do your best so most of the time it’s up to you. This makes me wonder if other students share the same thoughts about this. I know that I have somehow found a new love for learning in order to motivate myself. It almost feels like I’m a little kid just starting school again, eager to learn all that I can about the world. So I definitely can’t wait to hear about different motivators for other people.
            This project actually has me pretty excited about gathering this information. So with the help of the articles that we have read so far I believe I will be able to formulate a great video about motivation and time management.

No comments:

Post a Comment