Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Computer Science



                In my computer science class I am feeling pretty intellectually stimulated. I think the reason for this is that I want to go into a career in computers. I have always found them very interesting in general. Now with this class that I am taking I am learning how to actually make simple programs that we all use every day on the internet. Also this is the first class that I have ever take that I can honestly say that I feel a great sense of accomplishment for completing the assignments. This sense of accomplishment comes to me because I can actually see something that I made from scratch working perfectly, and I know in my mind that if my program was part of a website then it would work perfectly. The class seemed difficult at first but now that I am really working hard in it I am learning a lot and doing very well in it. Designing each program and then writing the code to find out how to make just one button do so much is pretty challenging. I never really knew that so much happened inside the computer when you clicked a button.
                When I came into college I wasn't sure if I really wanted to go into a computer science major but now that I am taking this class the pure joy that I get out of it definitely out weights any second thoughts about the major. So in a sense this class really helped determine what my path through college will be and what my career path will be later in my life.  This class is much better than I ever expected and it is definitely a very intellectually stimulating class.

No comments:

Post a Comment