Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Bowling...fun?!?



                The timing for the topic of doing something out of your comfort zone couldn't have been better. This past weekend I did something that I have never done before, and I hadn't done it before because it was out of my comfort zone entirely. So this past weekend I was bored sitting at home with my girlfriend when she asked if I wanted to go bowling. Now I have gone bowling back when I was VERY young and I hated it then. Since then I have never gone until this past weekend because I hated it so much and I was pretty afraid of wearing those nasty bowling shoes that were used by like millions of people.
                After some convincing my girlfriend had me driving the car towards the bowling alley and preparing myself to go through hell. When we finally got to pay and get to the lane with our nasty bowling shoes I was pretty nervous. But I wasn’t going to go back at that point so I prepared myself for the disgusting shoes and slipped them on. After the whole ordeal I actually had a pretty good amount of fun. To be honest I am actually considering joining a league this summer and making a team with my friends.
                So I am very glad that my girlfriend suggested that we should go there because without her I would have never gone back to the bowling alley and tried it again. I found something that I think I might really like and it will definitely be a fun and safe hobby for me to do with friends in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment