Thursday, October 14, 2010

Being Bored really is good!


            For my free choice blog post this week I feel like talking about the article that we had to read this week about how being bored can increase your creativity. I know that when we discussed this article in class most students were saying that they don’t think that they are very creative when they are bored. Also students said that when they are bored they usually just sit down and do nothing. In my opinion in think that most of them weren’t realizing what the article actually meant.
            Personally I was able to connect to the article very easily because I feel bored all the time when I am driving from place to place. I am in the car for about eleven hours over the course of one week, and this is not counting the time it takes me to drive to and from work and also if I’m driving anywhere else. So I have a lot of time to be bored and because of all this time in think I have become a more creative person and I know more about myself from it.
            When I drive I have gotten to the point where I can let my mind completely wander and still pay close attention to my driving. So as my mind wanders I often reflect on my day or week. I also think about things I need to do and I think about the kind of person I really am. So instead of just sitting there and hating every second of all the driving I do, I have now turned that boredom into a much more productive experience. I actually almost look forward to driving now because I can just let go and feel relieved after thinking about all that is on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment